Knitters Carry All Backpack ~ rucksack project bag for knitters, crochet and crafters!
These Backpacks will be posted within 1 week of ordering
The Knitters Carry All Backpack is the prefect bag for knitters and crafters. The inside has a built in project bag to keep work in progress projects and central notions pouch along with a pocket for patterns and needles, a stitch marker keeper, a concealed back zip and the opening in the lining I designed to allow pin badge backs to be kept away from bag contents.
It has a leather grab handle made from beautiful light tan cowhide, that has been vegetable tanned and this leather will soften and age beautifully. If you prefer a Leather Free version of this bag please drop me an email within 24 hours of placing an order and I will replace the leather handle for one made from the same canvas colour as the bag.
All the metal hardware on this bag is of high quality and the straps are adjustable and made from fabric webbing. The backpack is made from water resistant canvas and is fulling lined inside.
The outside back of the bag has a set in zip pocket thats ideal for storing a purse/wallet and phone, its nice and secure as its against your back whilst you are wearing it.
When designing this bag, I asked myself what makes a backpack become a knitters backpack? This thinking lead me to design various inside features:
- a clear PVC long pocket that is stitched to the inside back ideal for storing a folded pattern or needles
- a clip for stitch marker storage or for keeping keys handy
- a sewn in zip Notions Pouch in the centre of the bag, this is only stitched in place along the sides and not the bottom so it is flexible enough to move a little if you want to put extra items in either side compartment
- this Notions Pouch has a flap which can be lifted over your yarn and WIP and fastened to the lining of the bag by a popper to become a built in project bag! This is soft in structure so it can fit either 2 100g cakes of 4 ply or a small sock project. There is a small amount of room around the edge of this flap to enable this space to be flexible for your needs, for instance you could choose to place your yarn and project together or place the project in the front area and keep the yarn in the back, there is room for the needle cord at the sides.
- And here's a clever secret this bag has...inside the lining of the bag is an opening made with three poppers. This can be opened and it allows you to slip your hand inside the bag between the outer canvas fabric and the lining. This is so that when you want to add the super popular enamel pins and badges to decorate your bag, the backings of these are away from the contents of the bag. So the yarn and projects in the bag are not at any risk of snagging on the backings of the pins! This is an idea I designed and unveiled in December 2017 in the Canvas Cube Project Bags.
The below video gives a full tour of the bag, both inside and out, shows the amount of items that it can fit, how to add a pin badge and what the backpack looks like when being worn.
The bag measures (at its largest points) 14in high and 9in wide on the back, the base is 9.5in wide and 7.5in in depth and the bag is around 9.5in depth from the back to the base of the zip.
The bag comes with grey zips on the outside and grey fabric webbing straps and a cream lining with a white zip on the inside regardless of canvas colour chosen.
Inside photos show the bag made up in Biscuit however these will be same regardless of canvas colour. I thought it would be useful to include a photo of the Purple and Wine colours next to each other for comparison.
Please keep in mind that as Canvas is a natural material, there maybe the odd slub/bump/mark/line on the fabric but this a natural element and I will always try and ensure these little marks are on the base of the bag. Although when the opening inside the lining is open, there will be raw seams of the bag exposed but once the poppers are fastened these will no longer be on show. The leather handle is a natural material and may have a few little marks however this is completely natural and doesn't take away from the beauty of the handle.
Please keep in mind I photograph everything in natural light but colours appear slightly different due to your monitor settings, etc.
Please note everything in the photos is only shown for bag sizing and not included - only the bag.